Here is the link to Holly Michael’s post: Another Award: The Versatile Blogger.
There’s a whole site dedicated to this award: Versatile Blogger Award (VBA)
What is it?
The VBA is a blogger award for quality blogs as deemed by the blogging community. Yep–you guessed it. It’s an award by bloggers for bloggers. And it’s an honor to receive this award that is spreading fast in the blogging community.
Thank you Holly Michael for the VBA nod. Since I was nominated by Holly Michael my site traffic and comments have gone up. No coincidence. It’s nice to know there are other bloggers out there who want to write and support each other.
And the Nominees are . . .
Below I’ve nominated some of my favorite blogs in no specific order. Most are writers, book reviewers, and versatile people with lots of interests. Check them out:
- Author and fellow CBC alum Jessica Patch: www.jessicarpatch.blogspot.com
- Inspirational Romance writer Christina Rich:
- Reflections on the River with Susan Mires: www.susanmires.com and a blog she collaborates on with other writes, www.pagesfromstages.wordpress.com.
- Write-to-Publish staffer Tammy Eddington Shaw:
- Chapter president, writer and editor Sally Bradley: www.sallybradley.com
- Darci Webster and her Siberian Husky Nora, who does most of the blogging :
- The ever funny Katy McKenna: www.fallible.com
- Writer, homeschool circulum guru, and one year novel proponent for kids Dan Schwabauer: www.danschwabauer.com or his blog
- Journeys of love . . . inspired by Faith with writer Susan Holloway: www.susanhollaway.com
- A college student’s journey through the Middle East:
- Writer and book reviewer Caryn Caldwell:
- Historical writer Sandra Ardoin:
- Jalynn on homeschooling, books, and more:
- Jackie’s back porch with Jackie Layton:
- Where Light Pierces the Darkness with Ralene Burke:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to the VBA site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven Things About Me
- I love purple, puppies, and dolphins. No surprise to anyone who knows me.
- The only foreign countries I’ve been to are Venezuela, Romania, and Mexico. All missions trips.
- In college I won Best Supporting Actress at the SPAM Awards. (Student Produced Amateur Movies.) Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure I LOST that DVD of me lip-syncing to Etta James and Alicia Keyes.
- My favorite sport is baseball, because I actually know what’s going on. Thanks Dad!
- I had a friend in high school who thought I was the spitting image of the Star Wars diva Princess Leia, played by Carrie Fisher. Everyone else, including me, thought my friend was crazy.
- On my officle wall is a smiley face pic, a shiny pink star, and a dry erase board sponsored by The Office that I write funny sayings on. It’s got a picture of the original gang and a slogan, “Petty behavior. Zero productivity. All in a day’s work.”
- I just got a Kindle last week. What took me so long to join the e-reading gang? I’m THAT cheap.