The Versatile Blogger Award

versatileblogger11Last week I received the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA) from writer and prolific blogger, Holly Michael on her blog Writing Straight.

Here is the link to Holly Michael’s post: Another Award: The Versatile Blogger.

There’s a whole site dedicated to this award: Versatile Blogger Award (VBA)

What is it?

The VBA is a blogger award for quality blogs as deemed by the blogging community. Yep–you guessed it. It’s an award by bloggers for bloggers. And it’s an honor to receive this award that is spreading fast in the blogging community.

Thank you Holly Michael for the VBA nod. Since I was nominated by Holly Michael my site traffic and comments have gone up. No coincidence. It’s nice to know there are other bloggers out there who want to write and support each other.

And the Nominees are . . .

Below I’ve nominated some of my favorite blogs in no specific order. Most are writers, book reviewers, and versatile people with lots of interests. Check them out:

1. Author and fellow CBC alum Jessica Patch: www.jessicarpatch.blogspot.com
  2. Inspirational Romance writer Christina Rich: http://christinarich.wordpress.com/
  3. Reflections on the River with Susan Mires: www.susanmires.com and a blog she collaborates on with other writes, www.pagesfromstages.wordpress.com.
  4. Write-to-Publish staffer Tammy Eddington Shaw: http://www.tamedingtonshaw.blogspot.com/
  5. Chapter president, writer and editor Sally Bradley: www.sallybradley.com
  6. Darci Webster and her Siberian Husky Nora, who does most of the blogging :) :
  7. The ever funny Katy McKenna: www.fallible.com
  8. Writer, homeschool circulum guru, and one year novel proponent for kids Dan Schwabauer: www.danschwabauer.com or his blog http://oneyearnovel.com/wordpress/
  9. Journeys of love . . . inspired by Faith with writer Susan Holloway: www.susanhollaway.com
  10. A college student’s journey through the Middle East: http://meintheme.wordpress.com/
  11. Writer and book reviewer Caryn Caldwell: http://caryncaldwell.com/
  12. Historical writer Sandra Ardoin: http://sandraardoin.wordpress.com/
  13. Jalynn on homeschooling, books, and more: http://asimplelifereally.blogspot.com/
  14. Jackie’s back porch with Jackie Layton: http://jackiesbackporch.blogspot.com/
  15. Where Light Pierces the Darkness with Ralene Burke: http://www.raleneburke.com/

The Rules

If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.

•  Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  •  Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to the VBA site.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

Seven Things About Me

1. I love purple, puppies, and dolphins. No surprise to anyone who knows me. :)
  2. The only foreign countries I’ve been to are Venezuela, Romania, and Mexico. All missions trips.
  3. In college I won Best Supporting Actress at the SPAM Awards. (Student Produced Amateur Movies.) Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure I LOST that DVD of me lip-syncing to Etta James and Alicia Keyes.
  4. My favorite sport is baseball, because I actually know what’s going on. Thanks Dad!
  5. I had a friend in high school who thought I was the spitting image of the Star Wars diva Princess Leia, played by Carrie Fisher. Everyone else, including me, thought my friend was crazy.
  6. On my officle wall is a smiley face pic, a shiny pink star, and a dry erase board sponsored by The Office that I write funny sayings on. It’s got a picture of the original gang and a slogan, “Petty behavior. Zero productivity. All in a day’s work.”
  7. I just got a Kindle last week. What took me so long to join the e-reading gang? I’m THAT cheap. :)
About these ads

18 Comments (+add yours?)

1. char
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 12:32:39

Congrats! You have good sites listed above; I know how much time that takes to do. Good job.

2. jessicarpatch
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 14:19:15

Thanks, Barbara! I’m honored! :) You will love your kindle!

• Barbara Hartzler
      Jun 01, 2012 @ 14:21:50

I just read the latest Kate Weldon book by Robin Jones Gunn. Now I wanna go to Africa, with my Kindle! Let me know when your book is out so I can add it to the wish list. :)

3. lioness1120
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 14:19:44

Thanks so much! I’m putting together my nominees now, but they might not get posted until I’m stateside. :)

4. Susan Mires (@susanmires)
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 15:24:37

Thanks Barbara! I’m excited you got a Kindle! It’s just like getting a whole fresh start on reading

5. Tammie Edington Shaw
    Jun 01, 2012 @ 21:31:13

Hey Barbara! What a surprise to find in my email box after returning from a day at Write-to-Publish. Thanks, much! I’m not totally back from the conference yet, as we still have one more day, so I’ll have to digest all of this in a couple of days.

6. Katy McKenna
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 07:41:14

Hi, Barbara!! Such a surprise and an honor to be nominated with such terrific bloggers! Thank you so much. Right now, I am envisioning you on the beaches of several foreign countries, reading on your Kindle to your heart’s content. Many blessings to you!

7. Sandra Ardoin
    Jun 02, 2012 @ 13:23:31

So sorry I’m late, Barbara. It’s been hectic lately. Here you tell people you enjoy the blog and I don’t even get my regular Friday post up. Oh, no! Thanks so much for the honor and the shout out! And, since I’ve never been out of the States, I don’t consider three foreign countries “only.” That’s awesome for you!

8. Jalynn Patterson
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 14:31:00

Thank you Barbara!!

9. asimplelifereally
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 14:35:11

Thank you Barbara!

10. Caryn Caldwell
    Jun 10, 2012 @ 18:33:50

Ack! I cannot believe I didn’t reply to this! I thought I had, and just saw that I hadn’t. Anyway, thank you for the award! Now I want to go check out the other bloggers on there as well.

• Barbara Hartzler
      Jun 11, 2012 @ 08:45:43

It looks like only half the recipients have responded at this point. It took me 10 days to get my post up and going. I didn’t think I could name 15 bloggers, but it was easier than I thought.

It’s certainly been a fun way to virtually meet new bloggers. It’s also been rewarding to recognize my favorite bloggers and those who support my site. Makes this whole blogging thing feel more like a community. I hope you experience the same thing. :)